We understand that privacy is a concern. We have done our best to make our policies are clear as possible.
SMS Arc processes two broad categories of personal information when you use our products and services:
- Your personal information as a customer (or potential customer) of SMS Arc's services — information that we refer to as Customer Account Data, and
- The personal information of your end users who use or interact with your application that you’ve built on SMS Arc's platform, like the people you communicate by way of that application — this category contains both your Customer Usage Data (e.g., communications metadata) and your Customer Content (e.g., the contents of communications).
SMS Arc processes these categories of personal information differently because the direct relationship we have with you, our customer, is different than the indirect relationship we have with your end users.
Data protection laws and privacy laws in certain jurisdictions, like the European Economic Area (EEA), differentiate between “controllers” and “processors” of personal information. A controller decides why and how to process personal information.
A processor processes personal information on behalf of a controller based on the controller’s instructions. When SMS Arc processes your Customer Account Data, the SMS Arc entity with whom you are contracting is acting as a controller.
Broadly speaking, we use Customer Account Data to further our legitimate interests to:
- understand who our customers and potential customers are and their interests in SMS Arc's product and services,
- manage our relationship with you and other customers,
- carry out core business operations such as accounting, filing taxes, and fulfilling regulatory obligations and
- help detect, prevent, or investigate security incidents, fraud and other abuse and/or misuse of our products and services.
While we’re on the subject of Customer Account Data and Customer Usage Data, we’d like to give you a brief summary of the categories of personal information that might be found in the Customer Account Data and Customer Usage Data that we collect from our customers and their end users, so you can know at a glance what we’re talking about.
We collect and process your personal information:
- When you visit a SMS Arc public-facing website like smsarc.com, sign up, or make a request to receive information about SMS Arc, or our products like a whitepaper or a newsletter;
- When you contact our Sales Team or Customer Support Team; and
- When you sign up for an account and use our products and services.
We call this personal information Customer Account Data. We also collect Customer Usage Data from you when you send or receive communications through your use of our services. This data might take different forms, and we might use it for different purposes — read on for more information.
When you visit our website, sign up for a SMS Arc event or request more information about SMS Arc, we collect information automatically using tracking technologies, like cookies, and through web forms where you type in your information. We collect this information to provide you with what you request through the web form, to learn more about who is interested in our products and services, and to improve navigation experience on our pages.
You may share personal information, like your contact information, with a member of our Sales or Customer Support Team when you communicate with them. We keep a record of this interaction.
When you sign up for an account with us, we ask for certain information like your contact details and billing information so we can communicate with you and so you can pay for our products and services. We also collect some information automatically, like your IP address, when you log in to your account or when your software application built on SMS Arc makes requests to our APIs. We use this to understand who is using our services and how, and to detect, prevent and investigate fraud, abuse, or security incidents.
We may collect information about you, as our customer, from publicly-available sources so we can understand our customer base better.
SMS Arc will store your Customer Account Data as long as needed to provide you with our services and to operate our business. If you ask SMS Arc to delete specific personal information from your Customer Account Data (see ‘How To Make Choices About Your Customer Account Data’ below), we will honor this request unless deleting that information prevents us from carrying out necessary business functions, like billing for our services, calculating taxes, or conducting required audits.
You can make various choices about your Customer Account Data through the account portal, such as accessing it, correcting it, deleting it, or updating your choices about how it is used, when you log into your SMS Arc account or through the marketing preferences center. Any other requests about your data you cannot make through these self-service tools, you can request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org